Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Frustration.

I feel like I'm moving better today, but the pain on my sides continue. Beginning to feel more like a squeezing sensation. It is definetly screwing up my hip rehab. Tried contacting my doctors at Kaiser yesterday - can you believe it - they were all on vacation. Every friggin one of them except the orthopedist, and he won't deal with my side pain as its not part of the hip fracture. I don't want to see another doctor and have to start the explanations all over again, so I'll wait till next week when my oncologist is back and continue to pop pain pills. Maybe that's what I have to do - keep popping heavy duty pain pills. Every doc at Kaiser keeps asking me if I have enough pain pills. Maybe I could start a business on the side.

Got some of my lab results back from Monday. Platelets up a little (good) and monocytes down (good). Rest of the values continue to show that I'm stable with my CMML. Later this month I see my doc at UCSF and get the real skinny as to what's going on with me and my CMML. I keep having the feeling I'm going to beat this sucker, even if I have to have a mild cell stem transplant, and that's the expertise of the guy at UCSF. I know he wants me to start chemotherapy, but not until I'm done with my hip unless I become unstable.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry for your pain Matt. I can see why you are so frustrated with the Drs all on vacation at the same time! Unbelievable...Hang in there, and I hope your pain eases soon.

Moby Dick said...

Doctors are a boon and a bane. They can save your life but you have to put up with their SOP.