Monday, July 30, 2007

Another Step Forward.

Yesterday, I took another FEW steps forward. I basically discarded my walker for the day. Spent the whole day walking on my own 2 feet, with a little help from my cane on occasion. It would be the perfect time to race me as my speed rivaled that of a turtle, but I would finish the race.
Arlene and I also went out to dinner at our favorite place in Santa Rosa. This was the 1st time since I fractured my hip. No cooking for you tonight, Arlene. I had a hamburger, made with range fed beef, no antibiotics, hormones, etc. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a burger more. Of course, I drove. Man, did that feel good.
Today, I'm paying for it. I'm sore, I hurt, my back hurts, but I'm continuing NOT to use the walker. Got my labs done, did some shopping, even did a few chores around the house. I've got to keep this up, even with the extra pain. I've put my upcoming surgery out of my mind for now and feel good about myself.
I heard the news that Bill Walsh, the legendary coach of the SF 49ers, a team I've followed since high school, died today and that saddened me. He had leukemia also, not the same kind as I do and was under treatment for 3 years.
So far, I've done a good job of getting rid of the poor me bullshit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Matt thats great that you didn't use your walker. Just be careful and take baby steps. You know don't over do it! I am glad that you are feeling so positive today!