Friday, July 6, 2007

The 1st drive.

This morning I went for my usual 15 minute exercise walk with Arlene. For me to walk, we drive to a flat area (where I live, it's hilly) about a mile away. While walking, I mention to Arlene that next Monday, I hope the orthopedist tells me it's ok to drive. When we get back to the car, Arlene asks me if I want to drive home, if I feel up to it. I don't hesitate to say YES. I get in the car and I'm nervous, but I start the car and drive home with no problems. I ask Arlene how I did. Fine, she said. I felt fine doing it with no problems. I AM SO STOKED. Monday, I'm going to drive to the doctors office with Arlene in the passenger seat monitoring me. Now, if he only gives me more good news.
The feeling that soon I may no longer feel trapped in my house is great. My mood is great, my attitude is great. There are no words to describe it. A burden has been lifted and I love everybody.

1 comment:

Cory said...

That's some fantastic news! Being able to drive is great. I think that's good enough news to keep me in a good mood throughout the rest of the work afternoon!