Saturday, July 14, 2007

Friday the 13th

I'm not superstitious, but yesterday was Friday the 13th. We have a black cat and it crossed in front of me several times during the day, and I survived. But yesterday was a good day for me. I generally felt good, I took my usual walk, and for the 1st time, I went out to the back of our back yard (we live on a hilly lot, and the back yard is up a little hill) to lay on a chaise lounge to read. Arlene was on a hammock we have back there and she was up there too, also reading. The critters finally drove us back in the house, but it was a first. Going back down the hill made me a little nervous, but I made it with no problems.
I just came back from my walk today and again there's a first. I used my walker for balance and did not put weight on it when I walked. (ok, maybe just a little bit, but not anyware near what I had been doing). I also walked at my normal speed for about 20 or 30 feet just holding on to Arlene's handand no walker. That was ok, but it tired me out. I'll be doing more of that. I also concentrated on trying to walk straight, and not slightly hunched over as I had been doing with the walker. That gived me a sore back, but it's something I need to continue to do.
I am still afraid that I won't be "normal" when I'm fully healed, but I'll continue to work at it.

No comments: