Saturday, September 8, 2007

The catheter comes out on Monday

MONDAY - the catheter comes out - yea. I wonder if I get to keep it as a souvenier.
I've learned some interesting stuff. I drain my catheter bag into a male uninal for convenience. It helps if you open the urinal up when you drain, otherwise, you know where the stuff goes. It happened once and only once.

A friend of mine kept telling me to keep the faith. I think about that and it really helps.

Arlene tells me that my attitude has really improved. Wait till she sees the improvement when the catheter comes out.

My new bed is comfortable, but at some point it'll have to go and I'll be back in our bed. I look forward to that.

When I was in the hospital for the pain, both my kids came up. My daughter stayed with me all night at the hospital for 3 nights. I must have done something right in raising her. She didn't want me to be alone

I'm looking forward to improving my quality of life and spending time with Arlene.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

I hope things do improve for you soon. Sounds like you have a very caring daughter.

Unknown said...

Hi Matt, Hope you are feeling better, and glad that cath is coming out soon. Also, glad your surgery went well. I will be sending some prayers up for you!