Thursday, September 20, 2007

My new granddaughter

Went to visit my new granddaughter on Tuesday. I drove there and found the drive to be long, so Arlene drove home. We stayed later than I had wanted to stay and didn't get home till 11 PM - that's late for me.

The visit was great. She is soooooo cute. I held her for quite a while and she didn't cry. Maybe I'm less scary as I get older. She's just a month old, so I didn't expect her to do magic tricks or some other stuff, but there she was looking around, being a 1 month old baby. Then they grow up and become teenagers. Oh well.

I appreciate all the comments on the c-pap machine. I doubt that I'll ever use it, but it's there just in case.

Had an appt with my primary care doctor on monday as a follow up to my hospital stay. Discussed my fears about going to sleep and not waking up. Was told that there is no medical reason to fear not waking up. I am working on that and affirming to myself that I will wake up in the morning when I go to sleep. Last night I finally got a good night's sleep and hope that this pattern continues. And today I will walk.

Next week will be a busy one for me with 4 doctor appointments - endocrinologist, oncologist, orthopedist, and oncologist at UCSF. I hope to get some answers regarding my osteoporosis and brittle bones, my fractured hip, and my leukemia.

4 comments:

Cory said...

Glad to hear it was a good visit.

Suzy said...

Oh, how lovely to see your dear little grand-daughter. They are so special.
Good luck with all your Dr's appointments. Sounds like you will be busy!

Shannon said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! That was very unexpected!

Being a new mom myself, it tickles me to death to see you went to visit your new granddaughter :-) There's nothing sweeter than a baby and their grandfather!

I wish you luck as next week approaches. You will be very busy with all of your doctor's appts!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Moby Dick said...

Good for you Matt!